Waiting for you on the marina our diving club will share with you all the secrets of the caledonian lagoon.
Several dive sites in Koumac:
- The shark hole: hole in the reef edge along the overhang, frequented by mackerel kingfish, sharks, napoleons,...
- The Kendec peak: encounters with albimarginatus (silvertip) sharks, reef sharks, dogtooth tuna, batfish and spotted eagle rays (leopard rays).
- Syrenea: exposed area, inhabited by eagle rays and humphead parrotfish.
- The Deverd faults: encounters with pelagic fauna
- The coral forest: a plateau 12m depth leading to a field of gorgonians
- The Archbold reef, ideal for night dives (for experienced divers only) and in the morning for beginners
- The B17 wreck: for boat history lovers
Following a presentation of the material, your guide will lead you to discover the lagoon, it's beautiful corals and numerous marine animals.
The introduction dive takes place in a short depth.
The dive spots are located 12-25 minutes in boat from the club. Dives are possible everyday but are subject to weather and availability and take place in the 20-meter deep zone.
Organization of the "2 exploration dives":
They are always organized in the morning - RDV at 7.30 a.m at the diving club / return at 1 p.m
There is one hour break between the 2 dives.
The 8 meter boat is equiped with all the security material, emergency oxygen system, a medic first aid kit and has a capacity of 7 persons (6 divers + the monitor).
The snorkelling and diving equipment is included
- Minimum of requiered participants: 2 persons
- Diver of the Exploration dives must have a valid Divers Certificate
- Divers must have their diving certificate for Explorer and Night dives.
- A minimum of 2 persons is required (except for night diving)
- Dives are possible from Wednesday to Sunday, except in case of bad weather conditions
For Dive Certification: Ask us about introductory Dive courses in New Caledonia!
Level 1 ANMP / PADI Open Water / PADI advanced open water
Contact a New Caledonia Specialist
Meet Your New Caledonia Travel Specialist...
(We're real people that want to help you)