5 Top Experiences in Noumea
Here are New Caledonia Travel Connection 5 Picks:
1. Visit & learn– Tjibaou Centre offers an unforgettable insight into Kanak culture. Continue your discovery with a collection of Oceania and Melanesian artefacts at the Museum of New Caledonia.
2. Take a day trip to Amedee Lighthouse from Anse Vata Beach where you can spend the day relaxing or swimming in the crystal clear ocean..
3. Visit the Duck Island – this island is just a 5-minute taxi boat ride from Anse Vata Beach. Duck Island is an ideal place for beginner snorkelers where you can find wide variety of fish and corals.
4. Visit Port Moselle Market – enjoy a busy yet fascinating moment where local fishermen unload their freshly-caught fish. Find a wide array of fruits and vegetables, breads, cheeses and seafood.
5. Casinos and night clubs – experience exceptional night life in Noumea. Casino Royal and the Grand Casino are the two main casinos in Noumea equipped with gambling machine and table of games. Clubbing is also popular among tourists. Places to see are Baie des Citrons and La Bodega bar.